Keep it civil (do not be a jerk)
We are going to get into a lot of heated discussions and that is okay. These discussions often entail topics that we all personally care a lot about and will passionately defend. But in order for discussions to thrive here, we need to remember to criticize ideas, not people!
So, remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- knee-jerk contradiction
Comments that we find to be hateful, inflammatory, or harassing may be removed. If you do not have something nice to say about another user, do not say it. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in
There are a lot of discussions that happen every day on FlexFabrikken. Before joining in a discussion, browse through some of the most recent and active discussions happening in the community, especially if you’re new there.
If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
Keep it tidy
Help make moderators’ lives easier by taking a moment to ensure that what you are about to post is in the right place. That means:
- do not post off-topic comments or discussions: check the Explore page to find the appropriate channel for your topic
- do not cross-post the same thing multiple times
- review any specific posting guidelines for the community: some communities such as a movies community may have specific rules regarding spoilers.
- check if another active discussion on your topic has already been posted
If you see something, say something
Moderators are at the forefront of combatting spam, mediating disputes and enforcing community guidelines and, so are you.
If you see an issue, contact the moderators if possible or flag any comments for review. If you believe someone has violated the Basic Rules, report it to FlexFabrikken IT Department by flagging the user’s profile or e-mail.